Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools...

So, just a couple more days until the closing date.  Still freaking out that we're actually moving.  Frank and I keep saying to each other that we can't believe we're actually doing this.  The past week or so has completely flown by....with my last day at my job being just yesterday.  It was a very melancholy day for me.  Tonight, we're going to try and let loose, and go to our going away party, thrown for us by Sandra, one of the most special people I've ever met.  I'm really sad that this is all happening so fast, and it's hard to even process it all.  Frank keeps telling me that he can't envision it...you know, living in Florida, living on the boat, being in a completely new and different environment.

So far, we're about 70% packed..still have a couple more days of organizing.  Just bought a pickup truck because our Passat won't make it down that far.  Frank has some ideas as to how to pack all of our stuff because we don't have a cap.  We bought the truck last minute....made sense since we needed a new car anyway and u-hauls cost an arm and a leg.  Unfortunately on our way home, the rear brake-line burst...Can't catch a break...rather a brake.  So cue, Frank's obsessive research via Internet tutorials followed by Frank the greasy contortionist.  Five hours later, after a whole lot of cursing, at both the inventor of steel brakelines and me....we have an all new set of rear brakelines, installed and bled.  I must admit, I was pretty impressed with his resourcefulness and mechanical skill.  I guess that's what you need, if you're trying to do what we are trying to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment